– A figure of speech involving the comparison of one thing with another thing of a different kind
– The attribution of a personal nature or human characteristics to something nonhuman
– A joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings
– Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally
5. Dramatic Irony
– Irony that occurs when the meaning of the situation is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play.